Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Eggs!

After the softball game we went to a Easter Egg hunt in the neighborhood. 


We ran into a friend. 


I went with Pooh Bear to her section to watch her find eggs.


And Daddy Bear went with Sugar Bear. 
By the time I got to Sugar Bear she had a basket full of eggs.
Daddy Bear told me she would pick up the egg shake 
it to see if it had candy and if it didn't she threw it back on the ground. 
She got the nick name Sugar Bear for a good reason. 






After the egg hunt they decorated cookies




Then after that they had an egg race. 


This is the prize she won.


Then it was Sugar Bear's turn.
She tried several times and kept dropping the egg.
So after about her 5th try she tucked the egg up against her chest and ran.
She got to the finish line first but when she got 
there all the parents fussed at her for cheating and she started crying. 
I felt so bad for her.  


I explained to her that she could not hold the egg just the spoon.  
Then I told her to just go get a prize.  


After the egg hunt we came home and dyed eyes






I told Sugar Bear to look at me and smile big, this is what I got. 


Here is Pooh Bear with her favorite egg (the one I made)
and her tray of eggs


Sugar Bear with her favorite egg and her tray

 

1 comment:

Nana said...

It hurt my heart to know that "parents" fussed at Sugar Bear...first of all she is too cute to be fussed at by anyone! Secondly, it was suppose to be a fun day...how dare they upset her. I am so glad that you were able to comfort her and make the rest of her day FUN! They are both beautiful children and you are so blessed!